2. Collection of Information The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input actions as a user and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
2.1. Information provided by you as a user The types of information the Service collects directly from you as a user may include the following as well as any other information that we specifically ask you to enter and submit to the Service: •Contact information, such as name, email address, and telephone number; •Usernames and passwords; •Payment information, such as a payment card number; •Comments and feedback; •Interests and communication preferences.
2.2. Information Collected Automatically The Service automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service. Examples of information collected automatically include: •Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet; •Computer, device, and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, unique device identifier, and other technical information; •Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") clickstream data, including date and time, and content you accessed or searched for on a Service; •Location information for location-aware Services to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world. Company may use and disclose automatically-collected information for any purpose, except where we are restricted by applicable law. If Company combines any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information. Company may also use aggregated information for any purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
3. Use of Your Personal Information Company uses personal information collected through a Service to complete various actions: •to assist you in completing a transaction; •to provide and improve service and support; •to update you on relevant new services or features; •to personalize the Service and to select content to be communicated to you; •to invite you to participate in surveys and similar programs; •for data analysis, audits, new product development, Service enhancements, identifying usage trends and measuring promotional campaign effectiveness, or in other ways to which you have specifically agreed in an agreement with us; •to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and •to comply with Company’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may combine personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records for the purposes described above.
4. Sharing or Disclosing Your Personal Information We share your personal information in the following ways: •Agents, Representatives, and Partners. Your personal information may be accessible to our agents, representatives, or entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, or joint venturer. •Service Providers. Your personal information may be accessible to our service providers and suppliers, which assist Company with producing and delivering our services, operating our business, and marketing and communications. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, email service providers, and IT service providers. •Other Third Parties: We may share personal Information with other third parties if we specifically told you about such potential disclosure at the point at which you submitted the Information to us. •Compliance with Law and Similar Obligations. We may share personal information in order to: respond to or comply with legal requirements, a subpoena, or a court order; investigate and address security threats or other malicious activity; enforce and protect the rights of Company or its affiliates; or protect the rights or personal safety of Company employees and third parties on or using our property. •Change in Corporate Circumstances. If Company, the Service or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective or actual purchasers.
5. Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Company does not target its websites to children under 13.
6. Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences You can manage any available communications preferences when you register a Service, by updating your account preferences, or, where applicable, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the Company communications you receive. Company reserves the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
7. Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to us through the Services governed by this Policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information. Additional rights may also apply under applicable laws. A Service may allow registered users to access their registration information and make corrections or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users. To protect your privacy and security, Company will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the Webpage where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Webpage, or contact us at the address listed below.
8. Data Security We use a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
10. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information Your personal information may be transferred to other countries for processing, and by using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personal data protection rules than in your country. 11. Contacting Us If you have comments or questions about this Policy or our processing of your information, please contact:
FORUM Attn: Data Protection PO Box 50191 Minneapolis, MN 55405-0191 Telephone: 1-800-474-2371 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Data Protection”